Every buyer that buys from you will evaluate three key things about a product or service they are going to buy from you. They are:
Understanding the difference between these three issues will help you address the buyers concerns. So let’s look at what each is:
1. A feature is a fact about one of your products or services. It is generally an observable, tangible property or characteristic, and may involve the buyer’s sense of taste, touch, hearing, sight, or smell.
2. An advantage explains the function of the feature, a performance characteristic that has buyer appeal.
3. A benefit is the satisfaction that the buyer derives from a particular advantage or feature. It is an emotional or rational sense of value that the buyer receives from the product or service.
When you are dealing with the customer you need to address what each issue is. Let me provide you with an example of the features, advantage and benefit of our First Aid Training.
Example Service: First Aid Training
- Feature: Course undertaken in One Day
- Advantage: We remind you each year when you need to renew your CPR Component
- Benefit: You will ensure that your certificate is up to date and your job as a first aid officer is not put at risk plus you will save time in doing the course in one day!